Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Registration... It's so close!

I got my time ticket to register for classes the other day, and since I am a James scholar, I register November 4th. Ah! After my initial freak out, hyperventilation, my rant to my roommate about how I have no clue where I'm going with my life, and a half a package of cookies later... I think I have it figured out. I am going to wait to take organic chemistry until junior or senior year, to see where my interests take me. I'd hate to put myself through all of the work and not even need it in the end. I want to spend this time figuring out what it is that really intrigues me. There are so many things I could potentially do and species I could work with, so I'd rather get a sense of direction before taking another time-consuming class. It is hard to narrow down my choices at this point in time because I do not know enough about each facet of animal science to know if I truly don't like it yet. I really like the idea of hands-on work. I definitely do not want to be cooped up in a lab or office all day because I know I'll go crazy and get cabin fever. I also really like the idea of animal agriculture tied into environmental sciences. I remember in ANSC 101 talking about how we use cattle to restore over-farmed land, the methane production of cattle, and different things like that. I am wanting to take more classes involving these types of things, but I am not so sure which classes correlate with it. I'll have to ask one of my professors to further explain to me the opportunities in this field and the classes I could take. I think by keeping my mind open and learning more about what may interest me rather than going right into organic chemistry is the best decision for me right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment